Mr. “I’m the kind of guy who doesn’t cheat on girls” is absolutely the kind of guy who cheats on girls. A normal guy would accept that faithfulness should more or less be expected in a relationship and just, you know, be faithful. But if he’s bringing it up, then he’s either guilty about past transgressions or insecure about his ability to be faithful in the future.
Similarly, Miss “I’m the kind of girl who waits to have sex” is absolutely going to sleep with you before she should. But much to her dismay, the only step she’s taken toward ‘waiting’ is voicing it to you out loud. Why? She wishes she were different, but she knows that she isn’t yet.
How ironic is it that people only go out of their way to tell you things about themselves that aren’t true?
Here are some of my favorites:
- I’m the kind of girl who likes to take care of my man (insecure about her ability to do so)
- I’m the kind of guy who likes to spoil a girl (compensating for something)
- I’m the kind of girl who isn’t high maintenance (I’ll make your life miserable)
- I’m the kind of guy who doesn’t play games (I will change my mind out of nowhere)
- I’m the kind of girl who doesn’t care what a guy thinks (I’m insecure)
- I’m the kind of guy who wants to settle down (I’m trying to convince myself of it)
What are the best ones you’ve heard?